When the girls were babies, I use to hate hate hate when they were sick. It made my heart so sad to have them down and out. But now, I've discovered that the recovery days are actually alot of fun. They are the perfect excuse to step away from the busyness of life for a few days. To close the doors and turn off the ringers, to have a legitimate excuse to say "no" to anything and everything without any guilt. To snuggle down together while the world spins outside our doors. Its like taking the off-ramp off the freeway for a few days. We get to catch up on all the crafts, projects, cleaning, movies and books that have been shelved for another day. While I should probably be learning that we need more down time, it's just not our style.... there is simply too much fun to be had. So I will just enjoy our recovery days when they come along for the respite they deliver!
This time it was Mommy's turn to be the patient. And boy oh boy do I have some attentive nurses. They brought me tea and apples, checked on me every ten minutes, gave me sweet get-well notes and beautiful hand picked flowers. It made my heart sing to have such sweetness poured out on me by my little ones!!
No comments:
Post a Comment