Today I was amazed once again at the wisdom of my children.
Josiah came home and began telling us the very sad story of 3 children in her class who were caught stealing treats from their teacher. In response, these children were punished accordingly. However, the entire class would suffer for the poor choices of these 3. All treats were taken away from the entire class until the 3 culprits could once again prove themselves trustworthy.
At first I was shocked and then quickly very saddened by the choices of these kids. Then confusion set in. "Wait a minute" I thankfully thought to MYSELF ...."Why would she take away treats from the whole class, why not just from the 3? That's not fair!" And it was then that I gleaned some wisdom from a 6 year old.
Josiah continued by saying, in her very matter of a fact voice, that, "even though this treatment didn't seem fair, it was a good time for us to learn that life is not fair. There will be many times in our lives when a few people spoil it for everyone. And at least I am getting use to life now, because when you are an adult, the rules are hard!"
I say to you..... wisdom.
No comments:
Post a Comment