Wednesday, December 10, 2008

YIKES!

Yikes I say because I am a whole month behind in posting. But, I promise to give you all the Waltner haps just as fast as my computer can upload the pics!
Last year my goal for the month of December was .... to savor! Although I had known it all along, I think it had finally sunk in that all the ladies in the grocery store were right..... it does go by fast and I wanted to savor it. To soak it all in so that I wouldn't forget how fun these early years are. I succeeded pretty well in my quest of savoring last year. This year, despite our exponentially busier December calendar, I will be savoring once again. I will be drinking it all in, trying to capture the memories forever so that one day I can share with the girls all their sweet and funny stories.

So the first thing that I have to tell you in my catch-up tale is.... soccer season is over. And I have to say, it was ALOT of fun!
(Chris, Piper, Holly, Turner, Josiah, Hunter, Baelin and William)

I don't know what was my favorite thing, watching the kids play and get so much better with each game...

or getting the chance to watch Seth and his Dad coach them together.

So here are a few pictures to wrap up the season.

Seth tried Josiah out as goalie and boy was she excited. You see, Baelin was our main goalie, he was good and we needed him at the net. But, the time came when he wanted to get out on the field. So Josiah stepped in....

And I hate to say it (because I am her totally biased Mom) but she was pretty good. She kept her head in the game and her eye on the ball.

And she was always excited (and of course completely adorable) to make a stop. Not many balls got past her. But I now understand what my Dad use to say about my brother Jonathan when he played.... You're never anxious at a game, unless your kid is the goalie!



One of the favorites of every game; the snacks and

the tunnel!

Adalie and Ashlyn keeping close track of their sisters play at the soccer game.... or maybe they are just playing cards to pass the time!

Look out soccer world, these 2 cousins won't be sitting in the dug outs next year! (Adalie and Ashlyn 3yrs old)

No comments: