
Seth and I took a little getaway to Kauai to celebrate our 11th anniversary. It was our first time leaving our girls. Yes, we (or maybe just I) were a bit nervous (you should have seen the ridiculously long list of instructions, numbers and contacts I left. Luckily our families know I am neurotic and love me anyway!) , but we were also really excited because we knew our girls would be well loved while we were away! It was the little things I began to anticipate - watching the movie on the airplane, uninterrupted conversation, no strategic nap planning, doing something on a whim, diving or snorkeling together without worry, leisurely dinners, and the list goes on....

The bungalow we stayed that had gotten grandfathered into being literally right on the beach! It was so nice to leave our sliders open on the top floor at night and be lulled to sleep by the crashing of waves! Or run down to the beach with just swim suit and snorkel.

We drove a little red Mustang convertible and had alot of fun just pressing a little button and having the top roll down!

We ate yummy food over leisurely meals with lots of (non kid) conversation!

We snorkeled alot and saw some amazing wildlife including shark, turtles, and lots and lots of fish! And our day of scuba into the caverns was exciting!

We surfed (or at least tried to catch a wave or two).

We paused to take in every glorious sunset.


Ok,now we are just having some giggles and fun with our camera!



Each night the sunsets got better and better! Lasting long after the sun had gone down....

We drove around the island and saw some of the island's beauty.


We walked on the North Beaches with the big surf.

Apparently the North Beaches were not fit for entry!

What a beautiful place.

We enjoyed lounging on our veranda over looking the ocean.

"our beach" right out in front of our bungalow. Most of all, I enjoyed having the gift of giving my husband my undivided attention for 5 whole days. So thank you to all of you who stayed behind and took such loving care of our girls. And thank you Mister for planning such a glorious getaway!
4 comments:
How wonderful for you both. John and I took a 4 day cruise and though Hawaii it was not, we still enjoyed some of the same things. I LOVED not needing a watch and having uninterrupted EVERYTHING! :D
tell seth to talk to michael, and help him plan a "glorious getaway." for us!
looks wonderful!!!
Beautiful! I'm so jealous...we SO need to get away!
Wow! Reminds me of our honeymoon. You have a beautiful family! I just found your blog thru Sara.
Post a Comment