One of my favorite things about Christmas is that our girls are still so very focused and excited about the true Reason for the Season. Although I am not sure that we can take full credit, it makes me very happy! It is so easy, especially when you have kids, to get caught up in all the hoop-lah because all the Santa and Reindeers and cookies and giving and receiving and lights and plays and gingerbread houses and hot cocoa and ice skating and trees and decorations and snowmen and on and on and on ARE so much fun, so easy to get caught up in! But, it is these girls, with their passion for Mary, that remind us where our focus should be. How lucky am I??

Josiah may as well just change her name to Mary each December 1st. And she has drawn Adalie into her plays. Adalie is usually Joseph, the Angel, the Inn Keeper and the wiseman. But if you come over to our house anytime in December, be prepared to play a role! Our house is sprinkled with mangers here and there and usually a bed for Mary as she waits for the wisemen to come bearing gifts.
So as I dug back into the archives, I remembered all the roles we have played...
Josiah, an angel 2005.

Josiah and Adalie with Amma, Grandpa, Gigi and GiPa 2005. Adalie still a little too peewee to be under Josiah's play directing!


2 comments:
How stinkin' sweet!
Carrie, I found you through Sara's blog. Loved reading about your sweet family.
Post a Comment