Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Family







Family is..... While trying to put into words what family is, I found myself completely befuddled but extremely grateful!! Grateful for the myriad of individuals, each with their own beliefs and priorities, quirks and routines, that we call family. So in my lacking for words I asked the experts... Josiah explained that "family is people who love each other," Isn't this so true? Haven't I found myself more than once receiving love despite myself?? And Adalie explained that "family is someone you play with and do things with." Perfectly put in the midst of a holiday where togetherness is such a privilege. Profound..... they are each so right!! I love the simplicity of life through your kids' eyes!

Then I came across this quote and found myself wishing that in years to come, as our girls look back on their family life, this would be true.....

"Families are the compass that guide us, they are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter."

(in order of birth: Josiah 6yrs, Piper 6yrs, Ashlyn 4yrs, Adalie 4yrs, Elias 2yrs, Sage 11mos, Freney 10mos)

No comments: