Thursday, January 22, 2009

First Lost Tooth


The day after Christmas Josiah lost her first tooth. It's a funny story.....
It all began 6 months ago when Josiah had x-rays taken at the dentist office. We confirmed that she does indeed have Mommy's horse teeth and in addition to starting a savings account for orthodontics, we need not worry about her loosing any teeth until she is 7 years old .... because those adult teeth are so big, they are going to be moving in VERY slowly! So when Josiah started putting her fingers in her mouth and telling me of loose teeth, I thought OH MY! the other kids in her class are loosing teeth and she wants to also...... so she is making her teeth loose! So I promptly call the dentist to discuss my concerns. He pulls out the x-rays and informs me she actually had very little root left on those teeth and they should indeed be loose and he doesn't know why he said the thing about her being 7 years old! YIKES.... all these months of me telling her to leave her teeth alone, don't make them loose, hands out of your mouth and I WAS WRONG (misinformed really, but still wrong!)!! So that very night I apologized to Josiah and told her to wiggle away! A few weeks later, the night after Christmas Josiah screams MOMMY MY TOOTH FELL OUT!! I look over and she is stark white in the face, eyes bugging out, mouth bleeding and body frozen with her tooth in her fingers and she begins to cry that panicked cry! Adalie, who is closer to her than I, bends down and takes one good look at her sister and SHE begins to cry! So Seth and I rush over, hysterically laughing at the comedy of this scene all the while trying to calm our girls.... really its a good and fun thing to loose a tooth!!!
And low and behold, an adult tooth was peaking through the hole already!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Carrie,

When Jen was reading this to me it reminded me of all the times Shelly used to tell us she was going to tie a string to our tooth (and the doorknob) and yank them out with the door. OUCH!

Jon