Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Christmas Day

We had a wonderful Christmas celebration with our girls and all our families. Some of my favorite moments; Bedtime Christmas Eve and it suddenly dawns on Adalie that it is the night Santa comes, and so she says to me...."I know in the book (T'was the Night Before Christmas) that all the children sleep in their own beds, but I think I should sleep with you!", Christmas morning and our usually sleepy morning girl Josiah raises up in excitement when Adalie exclaims "I heard Santa on the roof last night!", the beautiful and truly white Christmas was fantastic, my executive decision that turkey and all its trimmings is NOT a Christmas dinner and should be reserved only for Thanksgiving when you have nothing else to do BUT cook!, The girls utter excitement with their new snow skies, so much so that they rarely took them off all day, and then began to play "house" while incorporating skiing into their game... I would hear "Come on sweetie, lunch is over it is time for us to go ski!", Having Uncle Lorenzo and Aunt Julia be able to come home unexpectedly for a few days, getting to be in our own home most of the day - there is something lovely about being home!, watching Josiah light the candles on the advent wreath knowing that our girls do know the real meaning of Christmas, hearing and watching the girls' reactions to their annual phone call from Santa, being thankful for the many many many blessings!

I love Christmas morning!







First thing they did was click in! SO we had 2 girls in their Christmas nighties skiing around the living room!

Adie Bear and her new skis she had asked Santa for.

Both girls with their new girlie skis. I have a feeling this is going to be a fun fun fun snow season!

Outside you can see that it is just the beginning of our white Christmas.

We were very proud of our little Josiah lighting the Christmas advent candle this year!

GG and GiPa were able to join us for most of the day. And although GG and I had alot of fun and laughs trying to create the traditional turkey dinner last year, our dinner this year was a breeze.... and very tasty too!

Uncle Lorenzo and Aunt Julia



Amma and Josiah already deep into a new craft!

Amma and Grandpa, Our Fam, Aunt Julia and Uncle Lorenzo and their baby to be soon, and GG and GiPa.

AND last but not least, the late night phone call from Santa that leaves us in stitiches HO HO HO!

No comments: