Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween

Although Halloween is not really a holiday we celebrate around here, we did a bit this year. One thing that I am totally capable of is compartmentalizing things in my head. Case in point.... Halloween. In my simple little mind I can separate out all the things I don't like about Halloween, the witches and goblins, and enjoy the things I do like; dressing up in costumes and getting candy. Oh, if only life outside of my little world were so simple!
A big thanx goes out to the Webb family for hosting another year of their awesome party. I can imagine ALOT of planning goes into this event and I love it!!
All the kids get to dress up in their fun costumes and be taken on a hay ride around the neighborhood to pre-selected houses to trick or treat. The best part though.... this all happens the week before Halloween!
(Logan, Talan Kylee, Turner, Josiah and Adalie)
Just think, when Halloween night actually comes around, we are done with Halloween. We have already dressed up, already trick or treated, already counted our candy.
(Adalie, Josiah, Kylee, Talan, Turner, Rev)

Talk about feeding right into my compartmentalizing! Just good clean Halloween Fun! (Josiah, Adalie and Summer getting a hand full of candy)

Josiah and Adalie got chosen for best costume by this Halloween enthusiast you presented them with a pirate's jewel. And well, Summer is just cute too!

Adalie, pizza in one hand and a cupcake in another.... could life get any better??

Josiah bobbing for apples.

Even Mommy dressed up this year for her Bunco with the help of Josiah's Kindergarten teacher.

And then came the mayhem of costumes and candy at school on Halloween.



That's Josiah's teacher, the banana. Love her!

They paraded around every class in the school!

Too cute!

The Bologna is Josiah's teacher's aide, love her too!



Well, being new to this whole school thing, I now know why all the seasoned school Mom's asked me if I had fed my girls a big breakfast?? Yeah, to soak up all the sugar they were about to ingest! YIKES!! I know now!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh my gosh, your costume is hilarious! And the girls look adorable!