Yesterday was a rare "free day" in our November schedule. By "free day" I mean that other than church in the morning, we had no obligations or expectations. SO Seth and I decided on a whim to make it "date day" with our girls. They were so doggone excited it was cute, but also a good reminder that we need to step away from our schedule and routine more often.
So after church, we had lunch at the pizza parlor, with everyone getting their favorite kind of pizza. Then headed to the movies to see Madagascar 2. We had a big bucket of popcorn and laughed our way through the whole film. After the movie, Daddy thought the girls would be tuckered out, and they were. But when asked if they had enough energy to make a little detour to go shopping, they were ready to go. Which, of course, sent Seth and I into fits of laughter because girls will be girls...... and our girls like to shop until they drop (just ask Amma)! When we finally got home, we finished off our pizza, washed it down with some hot chocolate and headed off to bed with a stack of books to read!
It was the perfect date day with our girls. We did things we don't normally get to do, we stepped totally away from our routine, we laughed, and we just plain had fun!
The only thing that would have make it more perfect...... if I had a picture of Adalie sitting on a cardboard box booster next to her sister at the movies with a big ol' bucket of popcorn on her lap, or one of Josiah bouncing her bouncy ball prize across the table to Seth that she had gotten with her quarter at pizza, or even the looks on the girls faces when we said we were going to have date day, or the hot chocolate mustaches they had once we got home...... But alas, I did not even have my camera. Calamity, I know! And as Grammy says "did it even happen? because it is not documented..."
Now it is written in blog. The pictures will have to remain sweet memories in my heart, but the day will not be a lost memory because I have written it.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment