Friday, October 10, 2008

Special Days

Our 2nd month of school and I am finally allowing myself to enjoy my time alone with Adalie without worrying to death about Josiah. It has taken me a long time and lots of prayer to get at least to this point. It's true, I am neurotic and alot like a mother bear when it comes to our girls. My instinct is to protect them, not just physically, but their minds and spirits too. So 2 months of ultra-scrutinization of Josiah's new surroundings and now feeling like she is OK..... but that is a whole other post!
So Adalie and I are off for some fun of our own. And it is alot of fun! It's fun to see Adalie just as Adalie, not always as the little sister. And it reminds me of the special time I got to spend with Josiah, and of being pregnant with Adalie and wondering how on earth I would offer the same to our 2nd child as I did to our 1st. These are special days. We walk through our daily errands talking with one another, we have special outings and lots of giggles!
So today our adventure began with apple picking with Gigi.
We often fill Josiah's seat with all our things throughout the day.
Then we continued on to the park for a picnic.
Adalie loves the climbing wall and in keeping with her habit of climbing onto everything as a babe, she is quite talented at scurrying up this wall.
Still wants a hand to catch her on the bumpy slide.
But for the 1st time she can go down the twisty slide all by herself!! And she was very excited to "go on the slide like a big girl"
And climbing up to the slide "like the big kids"
A fun day indeed!
Then she suddenly notices that Fall is coming with the changing of the leaves.

All fun days must come to an end so that another can begin!
You have to love that lip!

No comments: