The call came at 4am Thanksgiving morning. I don't know exactly what my brother said, but I knew a call this time of night meant only one thing.... baby is coming! In a split second, I was out of bed, the shower was on, and I found myself grabbing a bag from the closet and throwing clothes in. As soon as I hung up, Adalie peaked her little head up from behind Seth and said, "Is the baby coming?" And Josiah, who would sleep through a hurricane, came into our room, took one look at my half packed bag, and ran to her room shouting "I'm packing!" So, we all jumped into high gear and were on the road in less than 1 hour. The excitement in our truck was uncontainable as we got updating messages.
At 8am we were the first ones to meet Jonathan in the hallways of the delivery room. Electricity seemed to be in the air as all the family arrived to wait together for the delivery of this special and long awaited for little miracle.
Just 2 hours later, she took her first breath and we heard her first cries! She was perfect and beautiful. It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. To be given the gift of being present and experiencing this miracle with Jon and Jen was completely overwhelming. To come full circle with them from the very beginning and then to be standing in that place, given the privilege of providing encouraging smiles, and words of strength.... words cannot describe the joy!
I am overwhelmed.... Thank you!
I am overwhelmed.... Thank you!



No comments:
Post a Comment