Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Us


In Yosemite I often find myself more introspective than usual. Perhaps it is the majesty surrounding me, or the quiet escape from the noise of life. Today, I saw these trees and they struck me so that I had to try to capture them (despite never being able to do them justice). Two trees that seemed to lean into one another. Close up they were still two distinct trees, different in size and structure. But, from afar they looked like one tree, full with branches and leaves. And I began to think of being made in His image. I see these trees as Seth and I, different and yet the same, leaning on one another for support, growing together while still maintaining our own selves, covering one another's backs, each reaching for nutrients and sunlight separately and yet together, standing together because without the other they each would fall.
I love this image..... my trees.

No comments: