
I can still remember the Christmas that I got my very own EP single ski; black and red with a black cover. It was my own ski; not shared and not handed down, but my very own! Then I waited all winter long and some of the summer to gain enough courage to give it a try. I remember my Mom in the water with me near "ski beach" and my Dad driving our yellow jet boat. I don't remember how many tries it took me to get up, but I do remember my mom right next to me, my Dad's encouragement, and the first elated feeling of being on top of the water on 1 ski! I remember the pure excitement of mastering my very own single ski!
Now, 25 years later, my oldest daughter would attempt the same feat, on the same old ski I had learned on. With me in the water with her, and her Dad driving our blue Sanger. and her sister with the camera and an encouraging word, she gave it her all. I don't remember how many tries it took, but I do remember the flood of excitement, joy, pride, and blessing that flooded over me as I watched her rise out of the water with a few wobbles and ski away from me in a loop around the lake, all by herself, on her very own single ski. She had mastered it.... and it was fun to watch!
What incredible memories; both old and new, we have here on this old lake!
Now, 25 years later, my oldest daughter would attempt the same feat, on the same old ski I had learned on. With me in the water with her, and her Dad driving our blue Sanger. and her sister with the camera and an encouraging word, she gave it her all. I don't remember how many tries it took, but I do remember the flood of excitement, joy, pride, and blessing that flooded over me as I watched her rise out of the water with a few wobbles and ski away from me in a loop around the lake, all by herself, on her very own single ski. She had mastered it.... and it was fun to watch!
What incredible memories; both old and new, we have here on this old lake!
No comments:
Post a Comment