Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

After much discussion, research, and prayer we decided to send our little Princess Josiah mainstream to North Fork Elementary School. And today was the big day; the first day of Kindergarten. She was ready, excited and of course looked absolutely adorable. Mommy on the other hand was a bit of a train wreck. I've decided through all this that their are 2 types of Moms, those that look forward to the next step and those that want to slow it all down. I am in the latter group. I know emphatically that the little old Grandmas in the grocery store are so very right when they tell you to "enjoy every minute, because it will go fast." But I digress..... We just wanted to say thank you for the prayers and support over the last few weeks! We made it through the day. I definitely had my lip biting moments but held it together pretty good UNTIL Adalie lost it...... you see Seth was taking our "first day of school" pictures and of course we wanted one with Adalie too, when poor baby curled her little hands under her chin, feelings hurt and started to frown. When I asked her why she wouldn't smile for Josiah's picture.... she burst out that she didn't want sister to leave her!! Now that'll make anybody cry ... am I right?? So slight loss of tears there, but it was time to go. I kept my sunglasses on and air conditioner up HIGH! Josiah walked right into her class, showed Seth around, put her lunch and bag away and sat down at the table ready to go!! So a few pictures later, I make my exit, yes still biting my lip and maybe sniffing a bit through my sunglasses of course! By the end of the day Josiah had found a sweet little friend and was happy as a lark and looking forward to tomorrow. Yes, I still have an enormous lump in my throat but most Moms say that dissipates in a few weeks :)

1 comment:

Denise said...

you have a blog!!!
yeah!
i am your first commenter.
and i can already tell that i am going to LOVE it.

i love your mommy heart.
thank you for sharing your day with us readers. it is great seeing the pictures.

maybe instead of email friends we should be blog friends, but can i still get a hug from you on wednesdays and sundays, and can you still look at me with that sweet look you give when i am leading worship?? blog friends with privileges :-)

i'm proud of you (and adalie).

i have a cake craft if your interested for the future.