Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Failed


I love this picture of the girls and me because it was a day of being intentional. A day where we got to focus on one another's faces and words. A day where I got to play with my girls without distraction.

Today, on the other hand, was a complete failure. If there is one thing that plagues my mind each night as I review the day .... it is balancing my tiny amount of uninterrupted time with my girls. I struggle with it each day. We have chosen a lifestyle that is full of fun activities. This has been an intentional decision. We love it, but we also realize that it limits our quiet time with each other to listen to each other's thoughts. My heart's desire is to dive in with my girls, to play baby dolls, fun pretend games and discover the world with them .... but there is still dinner to be cooked, mail to be opened, kitchens and bathrooms to be cleaned, wood to be carried in ... and still yet the more selfish things like emails to check, books to read, moments to sit and be still, and blogs to post. Tonight I was plagued with remorse when Adalie said to me .... "Mommy, today you did not play with me..." One might think I am too hard on myself... but when my little girls asks if I will play with her and then I allow myself to get consumed with the mess of life around me.... I feel as if I have failed.

Tomorrow will be a new day.

Tomorrow I will not waste my chance to be intentional.

No comments: