Thursday, June 10, 2010

Intentional

The definition of Intentional is "done deliberately, by design, calculated, conscious, considered, contemplated, decided, designed, determined, knowing".

This is my word for the summer. I want to be intentional. I want to pour into my little family, to hear their words and see their faces. I want my days and moments to be deliberate and considered. I want to maximize our time together. To break out of our usual molds and routines. To take time for one another and all the little fun things we want to do.

I suppose my plight of intention is a battle against the days that fly by because we were too busy keeping our schedules. If I were honest, it is yet another attempt to slow the hands of time. Yet, as a result, I am enjoying new adventures and the smiles that come with new discoveries, and the funny little quirks and comments I might have otherwise missed if I wasn't listening. The voices and special memories are sinking in deeper; perhaps even treasured a bit more!

(Josiah 7yrs, Adalie 4yrs and Ducey 13yrs)




No comments: